Yesterday, two company employees were returning back to our office in Adabraka after collecting a large sum of money from Fidelity Bank at Ridge. While on the move, a strange sound was being heard from one of the vehicle tires. The driver eventually came to a halt in order to investigate the source of the sound. In the mean time the vehicle was being followed by two men on a motorbike.
As soon as the driver left the vehicle, he was attacked by the men on the motorbike. Following this the other employee left the car to assist the driver and this led to the money that was collected from Fidelity bank to be snatched through the door that was left ajar.
Investigation has begun, however, the Police were not able to help thus far; BROLL Ghana, who brags of impeccable building management services, could not assist on the matter despite them being the company managing the building and finally Fidelity bank, does not even have a CCTV camera system to provide footage of the early chase.
The culprits stuck a fabricated object onto the tire when the vehicle halted at the traffic light (images attached below). The fabricated object was made of rubber, some nails and an empty coke can.
The bank manager later mentioned that this sort of crime had happened before and that there was a discussion on this recurring theft with other bank managers (DISCUSSION AND NOT ACTION) I shall not delve into the flawed security we are suffering from and how BROLL and Fidelity Bank take their customers for granted, but rather I wish to provide tips on how to avoid being the next victim.
- Be on alert when leaving your bank in case you are being watched
- Check your car tires before sitting in your car
- Keep an eye on your mirror in case you are being followed
- Be alert while at a traffic light, as this was when the object that enabled the crime to enfold was stuck beneath the tire
- If at any point you hear a strange sound from your vehicle, try your best to only stop at a police station or a public area, because the moment you stop, the thieves will stomp on you.